Recipes Right for Your Family
Have a picky eater? Short on time? Sort recipes by kid-friendly, prep time and more.
Spinach Salad with Eggs
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar (any type)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Medium pot with lid
- Sharp knife
- Jar with a lid
- Wash and dry spinach. Remove stems. Tear leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium pot, add eggs. Cover with cold water by one inch. Bring just to a boil. Cover and remove from heat right away. Let sit 15 minutes. Remove eggs. Plunge into cold water to help cool. This will make it easier to peel shells.
- Peel and slice eggs. Chop slices.
- In a large bowl, add spinach, eggs, and dried cranberries. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- In a jar, add oil, vinegar, honey, and salt. Cover tightly with lid. Shake well.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad. Toss to coat spinach leaves.
- If no one is allergic, chop and add ½ cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews) or seeds (pumpkin, sunflower) to salad before tossing.
- Make double the dressing. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator, up to 1 week. Use on other salads or to flavor sandwiches.
- To save time, cook eggs in advance. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make extra eggs if you like. Use them for breakfast, snack, or to make egg salad.