Recipes Right for Your Family
Have a picky eater? Short on time? Sort recipes by kid-friendly, prep time and more.
Use filters to find meals and snacks that fit your preferences.
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Non-stick cooking spray
- ½ cup chocolate chips (or ½ cup raisins or chopped nuts)
- 12-cup muffin pan
- Can opener
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Medium bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, canned pumpkin, yogurt, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- If using chocolate chips, raisins, or chopped nuts, stir in now.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full with batter. Bake on middle rack of oven until muffin tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25–30 minutes. Cool in pan about 5 minutes. Tap muffins out of pan. Cool completely before serving.
- Make a double batch to use the whole can of pumpkin puree. Muffins freeze well for up to 2 weeks. They make a great grab-and-go breakfast. Pull one out each morning. Reheat in microwave for 1 minute or toaster oven for 5 minutes.
- To make pumpkin bread instead of muffins, coat a 9-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into pan. Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 55–60 minutes.
- Try making banana muffins instead of pumpkin muffins. Use ¾ cup mashed, ripe banana instead of canned pumpkin.
- Instead of using cooking spray, line muffin pan with paper muffin cups if you like.