Recipes Right for Your Family
Have a picky eater? Short on time? Sort recipes by kid-friendly, prep time and more.
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers
- ½ medium red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 (14½ ounce) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Can opener
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- Medium pot
- Mixing spoon
- Sharp knife
- Rinse peppers. Remove seeds and mince.
- Peel onion and garlic. Rinse onion and dice. Mince garlic.
- If using, rinse and chop cilantro leaves.
- In a medium pot, add peppers, garlic, onion, cider vinegar, and canned tomatoes. Heat mixture over medium heat for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Chill before serving. If using, add cilantro to chilled salsa.
- Use any kind of onions or hot peppers you like.
- For an extra kick, add a third jalapeño or a serrano pepper.
- When in season, use 3 medium or 2 large fresh tomatoes in place of canned.
- Use juice from half a lime in place of cider vinegar if you like.
- Try serving this salsa as a dip with Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips, as a topping on baked potatoes or tacos, or as a sauce for grilled meats and fish.
- Make a bigger batch and freeze.