Recipes Right for Your Family
Have a picky eater? Short on time? Sort recipes by kid-friendly, prep time and more.
Use filters to find meals and snacks that fit your preferences.
Turkey in Mole Sauce
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper
- 6 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- ¾ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 small scallion
- Can opener
- Cutting board
- Large skillet
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing spoon
- Sharp knife
- Peel and chop onion. Rinse and mince jalapeño.
- If using, rinse and chop cilantro. Peel and thinly slice scallion.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add cumin, coriander, anise seed and cinnamon. Cook until fragrant, stirring often, 2-3 minutes. Transfer spices to a plate.
- Add oil to the skillet and heat. Add onion and cook until golden, 12-14 minutes. Add jalapeño and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add turkey and spices. Cook until turkey is browned, breaking up clumps with a mixing spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water, and cocoa powder. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in salt. If using, serve sprinkled with cilantro and/or scallions.
- Serve with Confetti Pepper Corn Bread or over cooked rice. Add a side of Sauteed Greens or a tossed salad.
- For extra heat, add another rinsed and minced jalapeño pepper in step 4.
- You can use 1 teaspoon anise seed in place of ½ teaspoon of the cumin and ½ teaspoon of the coriander, if you like.