Recipes Right for Your Family
Have a picky eater? Short on time? Sort recipes by kid-friendly, prep time and more.
Use filters to find meals and snacks that fit your preferences.
- 1 small red onion
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 large tomato
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- Medium bowl
- Sharp knife
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse and peel onion. Peel garlic. Rinse eggplant, zucchini, squash, and tomato.
- Dice onion and eggplant into ½-inch pieces. Slice zucchini and squash into ½-inch slices. Chop tomato. Mince garlic.
- In a medium bowl, add onion, eggplant, zucchini, squash, garlic, oil, basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Toss until veggies are well coated.
- Coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Spread veggies out in a single layer so they do not touch. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Add tomato to baking sheet. Return baking sheet to oven. Bake, stirring occasionally, until veggies are golden crisp, about 15–20 minutes more.
- Serve over polenta, spinach, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, or with hearty whole grain bread.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese, if you like.
- For a faster version, cook veggies in a large skillet on top of the stove with 1 teaspoon oil instead of baking