Recipes Right for Your Family
Have a picky eater? Short on time? Sort recipes by kid-friendly, prep time and more.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Sharp knife
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Scrub and rinse sweet potatoes. Pat dry with a paper or kitchen towel.
- Leaving skin on, cut sweet potatoes into thick French fry strips, about ½-inch wide.
- In a large bowl, mix paprika, salt, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add oil. Blend with a fork until there are no lumps.
- Add sweet potato strips to the bowl. Toss until they are coated on all sides.
- Coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place sweet potatoes in a single layer on the sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn fries over and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until fries are tender.
- For easier cleanup, line the baking sheet with a layer of aluminum foil. Coat with non-stick cooking spray before placing the sweet potatoes on the sheet.
- White baking potatoes can be used in place of all or part of the sweet potatoes.
- For milder flavor, dust the potatoes with 1½ teaspoons of curry powder and ¾ teaspoon of salt in place of the cayenne seasoning.
- For the crispiest fries, be sure sweet potatoes do not lie on top of each other on the baking sheet. You may need to cook in two batches