Serves 2, 1 cup per serving
- 1 medium banana
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- ½ cup 100% orange juice
- 4 frozen strawberries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Measuring cups
1. Peel banana. Place in blender.
2. Add remaining ingredients to the blender. If using cinnamon, add now.
3. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Use any fresh or frozen fruit, such as peaches, blueberries, raspberries, or mangoes. Use fruits in season when you can.
- For a creamier smoothie, use nonfat, soy, or 1% milk instead of orange juice.
- Freeze slices of fruits that are about to go bad. Use these in your smoothies.
- If smoothie is too thick, add water or ice. If smoothie is too thin, add more fruit.
- If you don’t have a blender, use a fork to mash the fruit. Whisk in the other ingredients. Serve over ice.