This site provides tools to refine your teaching techniques and help you create a positive learning atmosphere for Cooking Matters participants. The information is designed for new volunteers, as well as experienced volunteers who want to develop their skills.
As you navigate this site, you will note there is a lot of information! Each piece of information is valuable, but you may not be able to work through all of it in one session. We invite you to use the site as an ongoing resource before and during your time as a volunteer with Cooking Matters.
To learn as much as you can through this online training, we encourage you to:
- READ all three concepts to optimize the Cooking Matters experience for both you and the participants.
- Be Effective: How to use the Cooking Matters core instructional techniques and resources available to you to be an effective instructor.
- Create a Learner-Centered Classroom: How to present Cooking Matters content to meet the needs of our participants effectively.
- Connect with Your Audience: Some things to think about while you work with our priority audience.
- FOLLOW the links we offer for additional resources, including handouts for download and online resources that will help you develop your skills and knowledge.
- WATCH the training videos embedded throughout the online training, or review the entire set of videos HERE.
- REVIEW what you have learned by taking the five quizzes in the Test Your Knowledge section where you can assess your ability to share information, lead a learner-centered course, and connect with your audience.
This site was made possible thanks to support and inspiration from Jane’s Trust, Walmart and JVA Consulting.
Not sure of the best way to use this training program? No problem! Visit our Training FAQs.