Serves 4, 3 pinwheels each
- 4 large radishes
- 1 small carrot
- 1 cup salad greens
- 3 sprigs fresh herbs (parsley, dill, cilantro, or combination)
- 1 lemon
- 2 ounces low-fat Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- ¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 5 ounces thinly sliced roasted turkey
- Box grater
- Cutting board
- Medium bowl
- Measuring cups
- Sharp knife
- Small bowl
- Vegetable peeler
1. Scrub and rinse radishes and carrots. Rinse salad greens. Pat all veggies dry.
2. Use a vegetable peeler to peel radishes and carrots into long, thin strips. In a medium bowl, collect veggie strips.
3. Rinse herbs. Pluck leaves off stems. Tear leaves into smaller pieces.
4. Rinse lemon. Zest using the small holes of a box grater. Cut in half and remove seeds.
5. Grate cheese.
6. Slice avocado lengthwise. Remove pit. Scoop avocado out of shell.
7. In a small bowl, use a fork to mash avocado. Stir in yogurt.
8. Squeeze a little lemon juice onto avocado mixture. Add herbs and a pinch of lemon zest. Stir.
9. Warm 1 tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds, or longer as needed.
10. Place the warm tortilla on a cutting board. Spread 1/8 avocado mixture over center of tortilla. Layer with 1/8 greens, 1/8 grated veggies, and 1/8 cheese. If using turkey, add 1/8 turkey now. Squeeze more lemon juice over the mixture.
11. Roll tortilla and toppings into a log shape. Use a knife to slice wrap into four “pinwheels.”
12. Repeat process for the other 2 tortillas. You will end up with a total of 12 pinwheels.
- Use any of your favorite seasonal veggies in this wrap. Grate, chop, or peel into thin slices before adding.
- Use 1 cup homemade guacamole in place of avocado.