- Start Small: It's okay to start small. If you are new to couponing and feeling a little hesitant, start with three coupons a week. Three dollar-off coupons a week will save you $156 a year. When you see the savings at the bottom of your receipt, it will get you excited to start incorporating more coupon savings into your life.
- Organization is Key: Find a way to organize coupons that works for you and it doesn't need to be a bulky coupon binder. Keep coupons in a purse-sized accordion file; organize them by aisle and then by expiration date. Hold on to coupons until there is a corresponding store sale to maximize your savings. There is no need to stockpile items, but using coupons to buy a few extra boxes of commonly used products – canned soup, pasta, and even laundry detergent - are good best practices.
- Find Shortcuts: If you still have trouble remembering to bring your coupons to the store with you, then consider the save to card feature. These are coupons you can clip online directly to your store loyalty card. If you have the Coupons.com mobile app on your phone, you can even do this from store aisles.
- Stick to Your Budget: Choose a weekly grocery budget and set aside that amount in cash in an envelope each week. When the cash runs out, the grocery shopping ends. The more coupons you clip and the more you follow the ads, the easier it will be to stick to your budget. Motivation to stick to your saving's arsenal!
- Use Coupons for Non-Food Purchases: Keep in mind that coupons are not just for groceries. You can also find them for beauty products, cleaning products, toys and more. Coupons can also be used at drugstores and mass retailers such as Walmart. You can often find as good or even better deals on groceries in these locations, especially packaged goods, as you would at the grocery store.
This page is brought to you in partnership with Coupons.com.
Over 17 million people visit Coupons.com to save each month. We offer consumers a variety of saving solutions including digital printable coupons, digital paperless coupons, coupon codes, and card linked offers.
Through our partnership with Share Our Strength, Coupons for Change, the philanthropic arm of Coupons.com, has helped to connect children to over one million meals! For every three coupons printed, a meal will be secured for a child.
To learn more about how you can save and give, please visit CouponsforChange.org.